Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Another Busy Buying Weekend!!

Hi ladies, I hope this finds you all well.  I've had a busy weekend buying - it was great fun apart from having to get us soooo early!!  There were loads of Vide Greniers on last Sunday so we did quite a tour around.  Just went to the one on Saturday, which I thought was going to be awful, but then I came across a lovely floppy monogrammed linen sheet, with a large monogram JM in an art deco style and the pretty finely embroidered floral picture in a gorgeous gilt frame.

Sunday saw us having a few more to visit, so we went armed with sandwiches  and bananas to keep us going.  I bought quite a few bits on Sunday and the weather was kind to us right up until the last vide grenier we visited.  My first purchase was a lovely mirror with the frame covered in a brocade fabric and velvet back, it once had a stand (like a picture frame) this has been lost over the passage of time and now has a loop on the back for hanging on the wall.  Then I found the painted faux bamboo hooks, I love these and think they'd look gorgeous in a pretty boudoir bedroom or a salle de bain.   I bought some very pretty pieces of fabric, toile de jouy, a pretty floral runner, a single monogrammed napkin and a gorgeous piece of vintage paisley, quite damaged but good for cushions or maybe a small re-upholstery project.
The next purchase was a little old brass candlestick and box full of lovely shell and pearly buttons - great for a vintage sewing project.   Then, I love this and am toying with the idea of keeping it - a little mirror with red velvet covered frame and little corsage of fabric flowers at the top for decoration, even the back is covered with a cream fabric and it has a gorgeous little brass hanging loop at the top.
My little girl comes with us, not so little now she'll be 11 in November, she is in training and goes off with some pocket money to see what she can find.  She's doing quite well and developing an eye which is great.  The only thing is by the time I get back to the car with my goodies she's eaten her way through the sandwiches, it's very hungry work all this walking and looking she tells me!
So, now I'm planning next weekend's route.  Let's hope there are plenty to visit.  The only trouble is, maybe and I really don't like to admit this, but age is catching up with me and on Sunday afternoon I crash out on the sofa and trust me formula 1 and football can be a blessing I go straight to sleep.  Maybe a new cure for insomnia!!  On Monday I feel a bit spaced out, probably due to too much sleep on Sunday afternoon.  I did look at pre-menopausal symptoms on the web (just to see) and decided it was too depressing because maybe I had some of those symptoms.

I've had a sudden thrust of enthusiasm to get on with some things here in the barn, there's plenty to do, I've been looking through some french country interiors magazines and found a few things I like so am trying to fit in some diy too.

It's been lovely and warm here today and is meant to be good all week, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that our Summer is finally on it's way.

Enjoy the rest of your week.
Nicky x
 


 

1 comment:

  1. What a busy weekend you have had....do I spy some toile fabric amongst your treasures?
    Combien ca s'il vous plait?
    Best not to look at symptoms on the net...as you say, too depressing....
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Nickyx