Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Heading Tape, Linen Sheets and a yummy young French man!

Hi, another gorgeously hot day today.  Went out in search of heading tape to make two of my monogrammed linen sheets into curtains for the very large doors at the front of our barn.

I still have trouble understanding the french 2hour lunch break.  You see the problem was I got sidetracked on the way to the fabric shop.  By what you might ask- a herd of sheep crossing the road, sunstroke maybe, well the answer is five depot ventes, when I go up to the city I have to go round all five just in case there is some little treasure there waiting for me to arrive.    

I bought a gorgeously floppy linen sheet with lovely large red monogram LM in my third depot vente.  I have to say what made my purchase even more pleasureable was being served by a rather yummy dark haired young Frenchman who has recently taken over as Manager.   He is very sweet and he always asks if he is speaking too quickly, probably because of the way I'm gazing at him he thinks I don't understand, when in fact it is the gaze of appreciation of a woman now (unfortunately) reaching a pre-menopausal stage in life.

By the time I got to the fabric shop (12.25) thinking I know exactly what I want I can just nip in quickly before they close.  As I pulled up in the car I could see the lights were still on and thought yippy (in my mind's eye those curtains were now nearly finished).

But needless to say, it was not to be, they closed at 12 after opening at 10 and would be shut for another 2 hours.

The relaxed French way of life is something we appreciate, except for today when I really wanted to finish my curtains!

Nickyx

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to this post as when I arrived in France 3 years ago, I used to forget about the shops not being open through lunchtime.

    I cannot wait to see your new curtains as I am quite keen on making some myself.

    A tres bientot,

    Leeann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh....so frustrating!
    Did you wait till they opened at 2pm or did you pop back to the third depot vente just in case you had missed something....?
    Can't wait to see your new curtains....
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Many thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave a comment. Nickyx